Why doesn’t EXP print correctly on my HP DeskJet printer?
The problem lies with earlier versions of the printer drivers that HP supplied for some of their DeskJet printers. These drivers have defects that prevent EXP from printing
correctly. Some possible solutions to this problem are:
- Go to HP's Customer Care website and download the latest driver for your printer.
- If you are using an older version of Windows, upgrade to a newer version. Newer versions of Windows include newer printer drivers.
- Buy a new DeskJet printer that, one hopes, will not have the problem.
If you absolutely must use EXP with a defective DeskJet printer driver, try one of the following tricks:
- Format the text of your EXP document in any color other than black; the driver’s bugs only affect black printing. Use EXP’s Character Formatting dialog box to change the text
- Set the driver to print in Econo mode.
- Set the driver to print in Photo mode.