EXP 5.1 Service Pack 3
IMPORTANT: This service pack has been superseded by a newer service pack.
Click here to download (1.52 MB; requires Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7)
EXP 5.1 Service Pack 3 is an update to EXP 5.1 that is available free of charge to owners of EXP 5.1. The requirements for installing this update are as follows:
- EXP 5.1 must already be installed on the computer.
EXP 5.1 Service Pack 3 replaces the following files in an EXP 5.1 installation:
- You do not need to install any earlier service packs before installing Service Pack 3.
- Files saved by EXP 5.1 Service Pack 3 are compatible with earlier releases of EXP 5.1.
- If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows may display a security warning when you run the downloaded file. It is safe to click the Run button to proceed.
Changes from EXP 5.1 Service Pack 2 to EXP 5.1 Service Pack 3
- Versions of EXP 5.1 prior to Service Pack 3 may exit Print Preview mode if the document contains Enhanced Metafile (EMF) graphics. Under certain circumstances, Windows
incorrectly reports to EXP that it was unable to display an EMF graphic when in fact the graphic was displayed properly. EXP 5.1 Service Pack 3 ignores the erroneous error report
and remains in Print Preview mode.
Changes from EXP 18.104.22.168 to EXP 5.1 Service Pack 2
- Versions of EXP prior to EXP 5.1 Service Pack 2 contain numerical inaccuracies in the logic that displays tick marks and default tab stop positions on the ruler. In certain
cases, tick marks or default tab stop positions are not displayed in exactly the correct locations. These inaccuracies have been corrected in EXP 5.1 Service Pack 2.
- EXP now supports GIF graphics files.
- EXP now supports TIFF graphics files that use LZW compression.
- EXP now enables you to change the zoom level using the mouse wheel. If you hold down the Control key while rotating the mouse wheel, you can increase or decrease the current
document's zoom level.
- EXP now supports the mouse wheel in Print Preview. By rotating the mouse wheel, you can move to the next or previous page.
Changes from EXP 5.1 to EXP 22.214.171.124
- Versions of EXP prior to 126.96.36.199 contain a bug in the logic that displays control codes (Show Codes), page numbers, automatic numbers, and footnote marks. Although this bug
has been present in EXP since version 3.0, it is not known to cause EXP to crash except in EXP 5.1. The bug's change in behavior can be attributed to changes that Microsoft made
to their newer C++ compilers. In any event, this bug is fixed as of EXP 188.8.131.52.
- In EXP 5.1, there is a problem with the "Repair Installation" option for EXP in Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs dialog box. If the EXP51.exe file gets repaired, the
user's authorization code is removed from the system. This problem is fixed as of EXP 184.108.40.206.
- The LaTeX converter in versions of EXP prior to 220.127.116.11 contains logic that forces paragraphs tagged as "Normal", "Heading", or "Declaration" to structure level 1 (the
outermost structure level). As of version 18.104.22.168, that logic has been removed. EXP now respects the user's setting of structure level in all cases.